Urban Regeneration Perspectives for Chinese Cities
The world population is growing – resources on Earth are not. Thus, it is up to us to come up with strategies how to build more resource-efficient, climate-friendly and liveable neighbourhoods. Unused or underdeveloped urban spaces pose a great potential for this challenge – but it takes expertise and careful planning to make the most of it. German and Chinese partners have it all: The expertise, the technology and the common ground of 40 plus years of collaboration. Let’s come together to create eco-friendly and liveable neighbourhoods!
What To Expect
The Network for Architecture Exchange NAXNAX Netzwerk Architekturexport – an initiative of the Federal Chamber of German Architects (BAKBAK Bundesarchitektenkammer) – is hosting an online Sino-German City Lab to bring together German architects, Chinese city representatives and industry experts to discuss perspectives and share knowledge on sustainable urban regeneration strategies for Chinese cities. The project is supported by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMUBMU Bundesministerium für Umwelt, Naturschutz und nukleare Sicherheit).
- The Sino-German City Lab combines virtual on-demand content and live video conferences.
- Participants receive access to the lab content via this website and social media.
- Lab material will be shared several times during the course of the lab – to be consumed when it suits you best.
- The available content includes: Architects’ Know-How & Projects, Expert Perspectives, Video-Interviews, Podcasts, Articles, Webinars
Lab runtime: October 18th-November 12th, 2021
Webinar I: October 27th, 9-11 AM
Webinar II: November10th, 9-11 AM
- All lab content will be published on this website on October 18th to be consumed on demand.
- Participants can join a Linked-In group for additional input and direct interaction with the architects and experts.
- How to Join
- For participating in the lab, visit this website on October 18th. You’ll find videos, podcasts, articles etc. for watching, listening and reading when it suits you best.
- Join our Linked-In group for direct interaction with us, the architects and the experts. A link to the group will follow soon.
- Sign up for our webinars (October 27th & November 12th) to receive a zoom link. Registration will be up soon.
German Architects & Urban Planners
Sino-German Tianjin Daqiuzhuang Eco-City
The Eco-City in Tianjin Daqiuzhuang is a model project for Sino-German cooperation in urban renewal. In a short documentary lab participants will learn more about the current status of the project, its opportunities and challenges. The project will also be featured during the webinars.
The Sino-German City Lab is funded by the “Export Initiative Environmental Technologies” (EXI) of the Federal Minstry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).